The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced a national level essay writing competition for the students of affiliated schools to celebrate 67th Republic Day. The competition will be held between January 10 to January 16, 2016 in all the schools for all the students. The results
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced a national level essay writing competition for the students of affiliated schools to celebrate 67th Republic Day. The competition will be held between January 10 to January 16, 2016 in all the schools for all the students. The results of the competition will be declared on January 26, 2016, on the eve of Republic Day.
"The Central Board of Secondary Education joins hands with the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, to conduct an essay writing competition, in English and Hindi, for students in schools located in India and outside the country," the CBSE circular stated.
The competition will be held in three categories:
Class 1 to 4
- What I wish for my country
- How I can make my school a happy place
- As a citizen of India, my duties are...
- Small acts of kindness can make a big difference
Class 5 to 8
- Welfare of my society depends on my well being
- The functions and importance of free press in a society
- The rights and responsibilities of a citizen
- A true hero is a unifying force in the society
Class 9 to 12
- Discovering the hero within myself...
- Why exercising the right to vote is a citizen's fundamental duty
- The changing role of citizenship from per-independent India to the present
- The role I can play in my community to uphold children's rights
Each school will send top 5 essays from each category to CBSE and a panel of experts will select the top 25 entries in each category. Originality of ideas will be given more credit.Winners will be awarded with a Certificate of Achievement and a cash prize.
Cash prizes of Rs 2,000, Rs 3,000 and Rs 4,000 will be given to winners of category 1, 2 and 3 respectively.
READ: CBSE schools to organise GANIT week to mark the birth anniversary of mathematician Ramanujan
On the proud occasion of 69th republic day of India the Council of Youth Development and Research (CYDR) foundation is calling students from all over India for their participation in the All India Online Essay Competition 2018. School and college going students who have an interest towards essay writing are invited to participate in this competition.
The last date for registration is December 31, 2017. In order to be eligible for these competition students need to go through the below-mentioned procedure:
Students or pass outs of standard 9th to 12th are eligible for the junior level competition and under graduates, Post graduates and above can apply for the senior level competition.
- The topic for junior level candidates is “Why we celebrate 26th January every year?” and senior level candidates need to write on “Dr. Ambedkar and its contribution in making of constitution”.
- The essay should be of 1500 words written in Times New Roman font with 14 font size and single spacing.
- The essay can be written in Hindi, English or any other Indian language.
SOF’s opportunity to develop competitive spirit among school students through National Cyber Olympiad
For Junior Level:
- First prize winner will get an amount of INR 15,000.
- Second prize winner will get an amount of INR 10,000.
- Third prize winner will get an amount of INR 5,000.
- 4th, 5th and 6th prize winner will get an amount of INR 1100.
For Senior Level:
- First prize winner will get an amount of INR 25,000.
- Second prize winner will get an amount of INR 15,000.
- Third prize winner will get an amount of INR 10,000.
- 4th, 5th and 6th prize winner will get an amount of INR 2500.
How to Apply:
Students need to go to the below mentioned website and need to pay the registration amount of Rs. 100. After successful payment they need click on apply now button and fill in their transaction or reference id and at the end attach their essay written in word format, doc or docx file.
A Step towards Water Conservation by The Indian Government
The council for youth development and research foundation is a research development foundation on a national level. It was founded by a group of law students of Noida and Aligarh. Since 2015, it has been directly benefitting over 1500 children and their families each year.
For more information
Disclaimer: The content has been provided by buddy4study.com
Kind Circle Meritorious Scholarship 2018