Past Competitions and Winners
- JFTC Essay Competition 2017
- "The Ideal Future Free Trade System – Tasks and Solutions –"
- JFTC Essay Competition 2016
- "Searching for a New Initiative in Global Trade and the Role of Japanese Companies"
- JFTC Essay Competition 2015
- "Promoting Globalization within Japan:
An action plan to attract overseas investment, human resources, and other resources"
- JFTC Essay Competition 2014
- Topic 1 — Future of the “SHOSHA” in the Global Economy
Topic 2 — Toward Developing Japan’s “Resources” by 2020: A Strategy for Utilizing Them for the Benefit of the World
- JFTC Essay Competition 2013
- “Japan's policy direction in the global economy
－ Growth strategy to revitalize the economy and Japan's contribution to the world －”
- JFTC Essay Competition 2012
- “Strategies for a Depopulating Japan”
- JFTC Essay Competition 2011
- “Vision for a New Japan after 3.11”
- JFTC Essay Competition 2010
- “Reconstruction of Japan: Prescription to Transcend a Downsized Japan”
- JFTC Essay Competition 2009
- "How Should Global Capitalism be Corrected - Japan' s Role and Mission"
- JFTC Essay Competition 2008
- "The Possibility of 'Japanese-Style Business Models' for Preserving the Earth"
- JFTC Essay Competition 2007
- "Global Capitalism and Japanese Companies"
- JFTC Essay Competition 2006
- "The Potential of Brand Japan"
- JFTC Essay Competition 2005
- "Globalization and Japanese Companies"
Award Winners of JFTC Essay Competition 2016
December 9, 2016
Japan Foreign Trade Council, Inc. who sponsors the "JFTC Essay Competition 2016" is very pleased to announce that we received a total of 189 submissions from 53 different nationalities for the competition this year.
After a strict screening of all the essays, the five submissions below have been selected as the winners of the competition in 2016.
We would like to express our congratulations to the winners and thank all participants for taking part.
|Chair||Mr. Atsushi Nakajima, Chairman, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry, IAA|
|Vice Chair||Ms. Kaori Iida, Senior Editor, Economic News Division, NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation)|
|Vice Chair||Dr. Keiichiro Kobayashi, Professor, Faculty of Economics, Keio University|
Remarks by Selection Committee Chair
The Prize for Excellence of 200,000 yen
"Spelling out Value Propositions to Foreign Markets:
a Recipe for Japanese Firms to Move up the Value Chain in International Trade"
Mr. Xiaochen Su (U.S.A.)
"Japan: Not lost but RESET"
Ms. Jiaqi Zhang (Singapore)
"Japanese Companies towards Global Trades in Service Sector"
Mr. Sok Heng Lay (Cambodia)
"3’S TO AUGMENT THE ROLE OF JAPANESE COMPANIES IN GLOBAL TRADE"
Mr. Long Bao Vuong (Viet Nam)
The Selection Committee Chair's Special Prize of 100,000 yen
"“SHOSHA-as-a-SERVICE”: The SHOSHA of Tomorrow’s business model for tomorrow’s business environment"
Mr. Baltazar Jr Sabado (Philippines)
|Subject||"Searching for a New Initiative in Global Trade and the Role of Japanese Companies."|
|Language||English or Japanese|
|Length||No more than 4,000 words (in English) or 10,000 characters (in Japanese)|
|Deadline||September 9, 2016|