Issues, opinions and essays on Christianity and faith topics
I have been a Christian since 1993 (turning to Christ at age 18). While I will always have a lot to learn - after 25 years of following Christ, I've had a lot of firsthand experience to offer some credible viewpoints on topics that are rife with myths, speculation and outright falsehood in the circles of public opinion, media and skepticism. I've put faith in Christ to the honest test over the past 9 years, and found it to be solid, evidence-based and logical. I humbly submit these essays and blog posts in the hope that you will hear a voice of reason in today's world of doubt. For a list of my personally recommended links to in-depth resources on Christian apologetics, see this page. If you have never heard what the Gospel is all about, view my The Message page.
- The undisputed historical facts about Jesus; judging by evidence or conjecture?
What the real experts in the field of New Testament scholarship and first century history agree on, and a short commentary on the currently popular phenomenon of conjectural skepticism.
- A list of must-watches for anyone questioning Christianity
Even if these excellent factual videos don't convince you toward Christianity, they should at least bring you up to speed on the realities that go against some common "internet myths" on the subject.
- Quick reference: The failure points of popular skepticism
These are what I have found are the 'fatal flaws' of popular skepticism, in other words, facts that are devastating to the claims of the most popular and vocal atheists and skeptics today.
- Miracles and the 'black hole' of naturalism
Thoughts on the tragedy of crossing a personal 'event horizon' of naturalism.
- Disdain for the "Word of Faith" / Prosperity Gospel
I have more respect for atheism than I do for "Word of Faith". Yes, it really is that bad.
- Popular skepticism of Christianity & conspiracy theorism: remarkable similarities
It has occurred to me over the years that most skepticism of Christianity - at least the most popular kind - has an uncanny, if not identical, resemblance to your garden-variety conspiracy theory. Here's why.
- The myths of 'organized religion'
'Organized religion' is seen by today's popular culture as a system designed to fleece followers and guilt-trip them into submission. Is that really the truth?
- Determinism: naturalism's (atheism's) elephant in the room
The realities of determinism should shatter the Atheist worldview, or at least temper its perceived moral superiorities. Despite the gravity of what naturalism actually means for the world, the implications of determinism go largely undiscussed.
- The mostly-unacknowledged implications of naturalism and atheism, part 2
Naturalism is the default atheist position, yet few are willing to acknowledge, much less deal with, the profound implications of what naturalism would mean for us.
- The skeptic's responsibility
People are free to be skeptical of anything, including Christianity. But a sincere search for truth should include disciplines that are severely lacking in today's world of skepticism, deficiencies that fall short of true logic and reason.
- Value of human life: a naturalistic absurdity
In a cold, indifferent, Godless universe, the idea of human life having value would be one of existence's greatest absurdities.
- Probable causes of a distrust in science
What is behind reports that a consistent phenomenon exists of a general distrust in science by the public-at-large?
- Variants of self-deception
If you want to value human life in a Godless universe, you'll have to pick your deception.
- Arguments from personal incredulity in belief and unbelief
"Arguments from personal incredulity" are a kind of logical fallacy that befalls people of all faiths and positions, and unfortunately are used by Christians and atheists alike.
- The fallacy of using science to assess matters of faith
Science's capabilities are limitless when it comes to the natural world, but not beyond it.
- A personal statement on "God of the Gaps"
No aspect of correctly-applied faith handicaps one's science in any way.
- To those troubled with their faith: an appeal to reason
The tendency to "go off the deep end" during a period of doubt is common today.
- The deliberate ignorance of New Atheism (why New Atheists won't read this)
Despite the objections to Christianity/theism having sound answers that are readily available to anyone willing to do a short Google search, vocal New Atheists plow onward with their blog posts, internet radio shows and social media rants as if that information didn't exist.
- Believing means nothing to lose, everything to gain
In a worst case scenario, what do Christians have to lose?
- OK with atheists
About contentment with the existence of atheists, but not some of their tactics.
- Some more thoughts from the journey
Some perspectives from experience in testing the validity of Christianity and the Bible.
- Thresholds of actionable probabilities
How certain do you need to be of something before you take it seriously?
- Pass the Test
"Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?" -2 Corinthians 13:5
- Why I'm still a believer
A summary of my reasons for staying a Christian.
- Pathways of strictly natural interpretations
What would it take to explain a supernatural event in purely naturalistic terms?
- Loving or In Love?
Lamenting the increasingly prevalent depiction of a Christian's relationship with the Lord containing a romantic element.
- A few quick thoughts on skepticism
A few perspectives on skepticism from the viewpoint of a believer.
- How can I be sure where I am and where I'm going?
On the issue of assurance of a beleiver.
- The cost of being Christian
Does becoming a Christian solve all of your problems here in this life?
- What happened to the book of Ephesians?
Thoughts on a troubling trend in the church today.
GO: Home | Storm Chasing | Photography | Extreme Weather Library | Stock Footage | Blog
Featured Weather Library Article:
+ All Christianity Essays:
- How Christianity Interects with Other Religions
- Women and Christianity: Lysistrata by Aristophanes
- Religions of Judaism, Christianity, Islam
- Conflicts Between Christians and Jews are Low
- Clash and Similarities Between Judaism, Christianity and Islam
- The Religious Landscape of Australia
- 4 Mat Review of Integrative Approaches to Psychology and Christianity 2nd Ed.
- Flat Becoming Round: Adding Dimension to Christianity
- Christianity: David Mier and The Idea of Grace
- Chateaubriand's 'Atala': An Analysis
- The Elegiac Quality of the Wanderer and the Seafarer
- Author Bart D. Ehrman on Scriptures
- Homosexuality and Christianity
- Constantine and His Effect on Christianity
- The Role of Women and Community in Christianity Versus Islam
- Christianity and Psychology Integrated
- The Three Major Religions in Southwest Asia
- Paul Tillich, a Guide for Christianity within a Pluralistic Society
- Christianity and Rastafarianism-a Discussion of Six Similarities
- Analysis of Narrative Of The Life Of Frederick Douglass
- Spanish America and Christianity
- Things Fall Apart: Christianity vs. Animism
- Yoga And Christianity
- The Pagan Faith and Christian Holidays
- History of Christianity and the Christian Church
- Christianity and Popular Culture
- Frederick Douglass is Recognized as an Implausible Abolitionist
- An Analytical Approach to Truth and Religion
- AP World History Compare and Contrast: The Spread of Christianity and Buddhism in the End of the Classical Period.
- 4-Mat Review System: Integrative Approaches to Psychology and Christianity
- The Role Of Women In Christianity
- The Teachings of Christianity on the Sanctity of Life in Realtion to Abortion
- Integrative Approaches to Psychology and Christianity
- The Spread of Buddhism and Christianity
- Christianity to Japan
- The Integration of Science and Religion
- Can Cloning and Christianity Coexist
- Similarities and Causes for Unfamilirity between Christianity and Islam
- Roman Impact on Christianity
- Justin Martyr
- Christianity and Islamic Brotherhood in Egypt
- Feminism and Christianity: An Essential Guide by Lynn Japinga
- Christianity And Lord Of The Rings
- Compare and Contrast: Christianity and Islam
- Two Versions of Christianity in The Grand Inquisite by Dostoevsky
- Subject of Research: Medical Ethics and Christianity
- St. Augustine's important philosophical contributions to defend the philosophy of Christianity.
- Divorce and Christianity
- Liberty University Sample Book Review Chhi 520
- Comparative Essay Judaism, Islam, Christianity
- A Summary, Analysis and Discussion of Søren Kierkegaard, Training in Christianity
- Christianity: It Is About the Person
- The Portrayl of Religion in Beowulf
- Christianity, Judaism, and Islam Paper
- Christianity and Paganism in the Epic of Beowulf
- The Three Major Religions
- Thomas Aquinas’ Theory of Christianity Theology is Science
- Comparative Review on Judasim and Christianity
- Oedipus and Christianity
- Representation of Christianity in Charles Dickens' Works
- Corruption of Christianity in Shakespeares, Hamlet
- Deity and Practices of Catholicism vs. Christianity
- Violence and Christianity
- Three Main Religions in the Continent of Asia
- Christianity and Acceptance of Conventional and Nuclear War
- Injustices to Native Americans
- Christian Tradition: THe Importance of Baptism
- Intended Conversion to Christianity in Flannery O'Conner's "A Good Man is Hard to Find"
- The Rule of Constantine
- How Christianity and Paganism Coexisted in Beowulf
- Discipleship: Christianity and Jesus
- Compare Utilitarianism with the religion that you have studiedUtilitarianism VS Christianity
- Christianity and Sikhism
- Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and Dante´s: What Are We?
- Explaining The Religion of Islam
- Spreading Christianity in The Journey And Ordeal Of Cabeza De Vaca by Alvar Nunez Cabeza De Vaca
- Saint Augustine
- Christendom and The Song of Roland
- Hinduism, Muslism, Christianity
- Christianity and Life After Death
- Three Main Religions in the Middle East
- Comparing Christianity and Buddhism
- The Influence of Christianity on Ancient and Modern Greece