Skip to main content
Thesis & Dissertation Databases
- OhioLINK Electronic Thesis and Dissertations CenterOnline theses and dissertations from Ohio graduate students. Type in key search terms such as "fashion" "textiles" and "design" to bring up bibliographic information on all thesis and dissertations published in the state of Ohio on your topics of interest. In many, but not all cases you can download the entire document.
- Dissertation AbstractsContains abstracts for dissertations from 1980 to the present and for master's theses from 1988 forward. The work of authors from over 1,000 North American graduate schools and European universities are also included. Titles published since 1997 are available in PDF digital format and have 24 page previews available. Search terms such as "fashion" "design" and "textiles" to find citations of interest.
- WorldCat Dissertations and ThesesProvides access to the dissertations and theses available in OCLC member libraries. Many of these are available electronically, at no charge, directly from the publishing institution. Search terms such as 'fashion,' 'design,' and 'textile' for titles of interest.
Thesis, Dissertations & Case Studies: School of Fashion faculty, Fashion Library & KSU Museum
- Charles Kleibacker, Master of the bias cut; designs, construction and techniquesThis PhD. disserations draws heavily on research conducted at KSU's Fashion Library and the KSU Museum.
- Digital apparel design process: Placing a new technology into a framework for the creative design processDesign methodology and process are studied in different contexts and diverse fields. Designing has the potential to generate new knowledge and is intimately tied to new technologies, such as digital textile printing. These open up a constantly expanding range of creative possibilities, and generate a complex set of decision points for designers. In this paper we show how the design process is impacted and how new products can be created through exploration of the limits and potentials of digital
- The Life and Career of Fashion Designer, George StavropoulosWhile the full-text is not currently available, this Masters thesis draws heavily on research conducted at KSU's Fashion Library and the KSU Museum.
- National Society for Education in Art & Design Curriculums for the UKThe curriculum resources resources provide links, guidance and support materials for the curriculums in England, Scotland and Wales. For the Art and Design National Curriculum in England, published by the Department for Education 2013, NSEAD has published a parallel, alternative curriculum.
UK and international theses
This page provides information about identifying and accessing theses completed in the UK and worldwide. For theses completed at Kent, visit the University of Kent theses and dissertations tab.
- EThOS: many UK theses are now available to download or order free of charge on the British Library EThOS site (registration required).
If the thesis you need is not available on EThOS or shows a £40 charge, please make a document delivery request. Your school or department may fund access to the thesis - see the 'Charges' section on the document delivery page for more information
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global: collection of dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1743 to the present, offering full text for graduate works added since 1997, with selected full text for works written prior to 1997
- Includes: Index to Theses, which has details of all theses completed in the UK and Ireland since 1716
- OpenThesis.org: a searchable database of theses, dissertations, and other academic documents. A new resource with little scope so far
- List of ETD (electronic theses and dissertations) search tools on the Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD) website
Dissemination of theses
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD): an international organization dedicated to promoting the adoption, creation, use, dissemination and preservation of electronic analogues to traditional paper-based theses and dissertations. The NDLTD assists students and universities in using electronic publishing and digital libraries to more effectively share knowledge.