These need to be seen to be believed.
Photo Credit: Sonny Abesamis
MOST of these are real. See if you can spot the few joke ones, and mention your picks in the comments.
1) “Attached is a copy of my CV and his death certificate”
2) “I have brave fight to wild bear”
3) “I am only 6”
4) Reason for leaving: “It sucked”
5) “kount money faster than a bank teller”
6) “i like kids and its fun to fiddle with them”
7) “I won't waste your time… feeding you a line of crap”
8) “If you have any questions, please feel free to f#$king contact me”
9) “it would be the highest choice of my smile to discuss myself being hired”
10) “Please explain your rationale for the rainbow”
11) Please tell me why you deserve to be hired: “To be paid”
12) “You need me to work you because you seem to have trouble with math”
13) “lets make it happen WOO WOO”
14) “Please realize that I'm not a braggart or conceited”
15) “calling our head of HR a ‘skank ho' does not gain you any plus points”
16) “My middle name is Promptness. True story. Ask my mom”
17) “here's a good presentation that cover's the basics”
18) “this position sparked my interested because…”
19) “I am your dog walker… I got a 1600 on my SATs”
20) “Me also can fight for boxing like Tyson”
21) “I am also very highly motivated, just show me the money”
22) “I hate this guy”
23) “I'm sick of writing these pedestrian cover letters, you're sick of reading them”
24) “I am 24 years old which is why I think this position is a great fit for me”
25) “I received some feedback from the grandfather of a friend”
26) “And like to write columns, blogs, reviews, articles and letter to the editor”
27) “since I moved here solely for career purposes, don't really have any friends yet… I'm in a perfect position to make work my life”
28) “right now studying in a Left leaning institution”
29) “the only caveat IS I have to do this during non-working hours”
30) The most generic cover letter ever?
31) “it would probably explode from Cancer of the RAM”
32) “I dont have any expereince”
33) Business Insider Sports Intern?
34) Captain America's cover letter
35) “I am writing to you in regard to the position of boyfriend”
ABC News: Worst cover letters
More funny cover letters and job applications
Question of the article
What's the dumbest thing you ever wrote on a cover letter or job application? Tell us in the comments!
Subscribe to JobMob via RSS or email and follow me on Twitter for more ideas on how NOT to job search.
About the Author Jacob Share
Job Search Expert, Professional Blogger, Creative Thinker, Community Builder with a sense of humor. I like to help people.
It will soon be that time of year again, when a deluge of enthusiastic graduates morph into desperate job seekers who are clambering to secure the job they have (literally) been dreaming of through countless two-hour-long lectures.
The majority of them will probably fall at the first hurdle. Not because their education sucks, but because they’re competing with every other Joe Monkey who has a college-level education and a resume that stresses their fantastic communication skills (read more: what not to write on a resume). To get ahead of the pack, you have to distinguish yourself with your cover letter. But before you sit down and pen the perfect introduction to your sparkling resume, you’re going to have to do your research. To give you a helping hand, we’ve dug out some examples of funny cover letters that will most certainly give you some food for thought.
Here’s the thing. We’d actually hire some of these people. I mean, who can turn down a potential candidate whose cover letter divulges that she once donated her hair to charity? Or a guy who fights bears for a hobby? These are gems!
If you’re currently working on your cover letter and are looking for some simple tips on how to write a killer introduction to your resume, take a look at our guide fantastic cover letter formula.